The Mill Pond Farms and the Thomas Homestead
Mill Pond Farms is owned by descendants of some of Venedocia's early Welsh
settlers. The farm includes almost all the land immediately surrounding
the village. Farm employees wear uniforms that bear the red dragon
emblem found on the Welsh flag. The sign shown here and the red
brick homestead in the
background are located just east of town on Venedocia Eastern Road.
The house was built in 1882 by John T.Thomas to replace his log cabin
that and can be seen on the 1872 Van Wert
County map. Mr. Thomas was part of the second wave of Welsh
immigrants to settle in or near Venedocia and he purchased the
property seen here in 1852.
Return to Venedocia Home Page
Back to photograph index page